Hello Bridge to JAPAN. This time, I would like to introduce how to make “Niratama”, one of the most famous, simple and delicious dishes in Japan. Niratama is a very simple dish made by garlic chives and beaten eggs with seasonings, and is one of the typical side dishes for Japanese people whose staple food is rice. It is very easy to make and is a great dish to accompany drinks. You can go to a Chinese restaurant in Japan and order it, or you can easily make it at home, and it will surely stimulate your appetite when you put it on your table. In this article, I will show you how to make Niratama with oyster sauce!
- Anyone can make it easily in 5 minutes.
- Japanese people often make it as a snack for beer.
- In addition to chives and eggs, you can also add chicken for a tasty twist.
Episode In JAPAN
Speaking of Niratama, I have a strong impression of Niratama eaten at restaurants rather than home cooking. Most Chinese restaurants in Japan have them, and many Japanese like to eat them as a snack with beer or sake. It is one of the side dishes that wives make when they go out for drinks and come home for another round. Niratama is one of those typical foods. I am a fan of Niratama myself, and I often add chicken to it to give it my own unique twist and serve it over rice. It looks like Oyako-don, but the deep flavor of oyster sauce soaks into the egg and chives, making it a great dish to stimulate your appetite. 5 minutes is all it takes to make this dish, making it perfect for busy office workers and housewives, and a great dish for those who are wondering what to do for dinner tonight. How about this for dinner tonight?
The Key Item
The key ingredient here in making Niratama is ”oyster sauce”. You can use soy sauce or Chinese soup stock, but if you want that professional taste and short time, I highly recommend using oyster sauce to make Niratama!
How to make Niratama (Garlic Chives and Eggs)
Niratama(Garlic Chives and Eggs) ニラ玉Course: ChineseCuisine: SideDifficulty: Easy
Niratama is a very simple dish made by garlic chives and beaten eggs with seasonings, and is one of the typical side dishes for Japanese people whose staple food is rice.
Ingredients ( For 2 People )
Some Garlic Chives
0.8 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Oyster sauce
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat well. Cut the chives into 3-4 cm pieces. At the same time, mix the soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Put sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the chives quickly over high heat.
- Stir, then add the beaten eggs and mix quickly, without over-stirring, until the eggs are half-boiled and set. Turn down the heat if necessary.
- When the mixture has hardened to a certain degree, it is ready!